This User Agreement (“Agreement”) governs your use of the website (“Website”) operated by Sacred Story Ministries, a Texas organization (“Sacred Story”) located at 9337B Katy Freeway #231, Houston, TX 77024. By using the Website you indicate your acceptance of the terms and provisions of this Agreement.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The Website contains material that is derived in whole or in part from material supplied and owned by Sacred Story and other publishing partners, all materials on the site, including, without limitation, all trademarks and logos, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Sacred Story’s logos, and other trademarks, service marks, labels, product names and service names (collectively, the “Marks”) are owned or licensed by Sacred Story. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of the Marks without the prior written permission of Sacred Story. The Marks may not be used in any manner likely to cause confusion, disparage or dilute these marks and/or in connection with any product or service that is not authorized or sponsored by Sacred Story.
- CONTRIBUTOR INQUIRIES. You may submit requests to contact contributors who have content posted or featured on the Website. You agree not to contact any contributor (including through off-line communication) for the purpose of threatening, harassing or abusing them due to their content submissions on the Website. If you participate in any form of communication with a third party, contributor or user of the Website in connection with an inquiry, Sacred Story shall not be responsible for any claims, liabilities, demands or other matters arising from such communication. Sacred Story does not warrant or claim to have verified the identity of any user. There may be users who participate under a false identity. You are advised to be careful not to divulge personally identifying information about yourself, including but not limited to your telephone number(s), street addresses, URLs or email addresses. If you do provide this information to a third party who you were connected with through the Website, it is at your sole risk. You understand that the views, opinions, content or information provided by users or contributors do not represent the opinions or views of Sacred Story.
- WEBSITE USE. Sacred Story provides the Website for personal noncommercial use only. You may use this Website and the materials on it only as authorized by us. You may not use this Website or the materials on it in any manner that violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other rights belonging to us or a third party. Sacred Story neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with Sacred Story. Information about permission to reproduce or distribute materials from the Website can be obtained by e-mailing email@example.com.
- NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. If you are a copyright owner who believes your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted, or distributed via the Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please report the violation to our designated copyright agent by sending written notice by U.S. Mail to Sacred Story at: 9337B Katy Freeway #231 Houston, TX 77024, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your written notice: (1) a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed; (2) a description of the location of allegedly infringing material on the Website; (3) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address; (4) your statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (5) your statement, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (6) an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
- MESSAGE BOARDS OR INTERACTIVE FEATURES. This Website may include interactive features, including, but not limited to, message boards, web logs, e-mail services, and areas that allow uploading of user-generated content (the “Interactive Features”). You are responsible for any material that you post on message boards or provide through any other Interactive Features on the Website. Sacred Story does not control the messages, information, or files that you or others may provide through the Website. This Website, including its Interactive Features, shall be used for lawful purposes only; you shall not:
- Engage in any conduct that, in our sole judgment, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website.
- Post or transmit any material that violates our rights or the rights of others, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other right.
- Use the Website to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Website or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Website. Use the Website in an unlawful, threatening, or abusive manner, including without limitation, to promote racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Website, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Website, by means such as hacking, password mining, or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available through this Website.
- Use the Website to post or transmit any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation, any transmissions that encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Use the Website to post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Website to post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Engage in advertising or commercial solicitation of any product or service, or to solicit donations of any kind on the Website, without our written consent.
- Gather for marketing purposes any e-mail addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Website.
- Use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper workings of the Website or to surreptitiously intercept any system, date or personal information from the Website.
Sacred Story shall have the right, but no obligation, to monitor the content of the message boards or other Interactive Features to determine compliance with this Agreement and any other operating rules we establish. Sacred Story shall have the right in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any material submitted to or posted on the message boards or other Interactive Features of the Website. Notwithstanding this right, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. Sacred Story neither endorses nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement on the message boards or other Interactive Features of the Website, whether it is provided by us, our employees, or a third party. Under no circumstances will Sacred Story be liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused by reliance on information obtained through postings on the message boards or other Interactive Features of the Website. Sacred Story is not responsible for any offensive, defamatory, or obscene posting made on the message boards or other Interactive Features of the Website. Sacred Story reserves the right at all times to disclose any information we believe necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are inappropriate, objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. Sacred Story also reserves the right to deny access to the Website or any features of the Website to anyone who violates this Agreement, or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our Website or infringes the rights of others. Neither we nor any third-party content provider shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by us or any third-party content provider with respect to any conduct, communication, or posting on the message boards or other Interactive Features of the Website.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify Sacred Story and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities costs or expenses, including reasonably attorney’s fees that arise from: (i) your use or misuse of the Website; or (ii) your breach of any of the terms of this Agreement.
- LINKS TO THE WEBSITE. You may establish a hypertext link to the Website, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by Sacred Story. However, you may not frame or inline link to any of the content of the Website, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material or intellectual property without the written permission of Sacred Story.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. Links on the Website to third party websites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you. Such links do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by Sacred Story of the third party, the third-party web site, or the information contained therein. Sacred Story is not responsible for the availability of any such websites. Sacred Story is not responsible or liable for any such website or the content thereon.
- NO WARRANTY. Your access to and use of the Website are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Website and its content is available to you on an “AS IS” and “AS IS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, SACRED STORY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Sacred Story makes no warranty and disclaims all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the information on the Website; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of Website; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any material and other communications maintained by the Website; and (iv) whether the Website will be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Website will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SACRED STORY AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE.
- CONSTRUCTION. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with this Agreement will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in Harris County, Texas, United States, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. The prevailing party in any action or dispute regarding this Agreement shall recover fees and costs, including attorneys’ fees and other expenses.
- NO WAIVER. The failure of Sacred Story to enforce at any time or for any period of time, any of the provisions in this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of the right of Sacred Story to enforce such provisions.
- SEVERABILITY OF PROVISIONS. Each of the provisions of this Agreement shall be considered severable and if for any reason any provision is determined to be invalid or contrary to any existing or future law, such invalidity shall not impair the operation of this Agreement or affect those portions of this Agreement which are valid.
- TERMINATION. At any time and without notice to you, the Website may terminate your use with or without cause, including, without limitation, if Sacred Story believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with this Agreement. In the event of termination, all representations, warranties, indemnifications and promises made by you shall survive. Sacred Story may also modify or discontinue providing the Website, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Sacred Story is not liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website, any modification or termination of the Website, or any loss of content.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto and there are no representations, warranties, covenants or obligations except as set forth herein. This Agreement supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, written or oral, of the parties hereto, relating to any transaction contemplated by this Agreement. Sacred Story may revise the terms of this Agreement from time to time, the most current version will always be at: www.sacredstoryministries.org. By continuing to access or use the Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.
- This Website is operated and provided by Sacred Story, Houston, Texas. If you have any questions about the terms of this Agreement, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Effective: August 1, 2013