Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”
We are made of the dust of this world, yet God instructs us not to be of it.
Did you know, that if our bodies were boiled down to the 15-16 chemical elements that can be found in the ground, we are worth just under $10? But with the “breath” of God which is the Holy Spirit indwelling our flesh, we are worth far more than $10 dirt (Job 33:4).
There is a prince of this world. His name is Satan, and he prowls around seeking someone to devour (Jhn 14:30, 1 Ptr 5:8). If we are living according to our flesh we will fall prey to his schemes. If we are living by the Spirit of God, we are living in this world but not of it.
How do we overcome the thirsts, temptations and desires of our inescapable flesh?
First we must know that the Spirit of God in us is not of this world and he is greater than Satan (John 8:23, 1 John 4:4). Satan came to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus came to give us abundant life (John 10:10). How long are you willing to wait for the best of heaven, when Satan is flaunting the best of the earth, right now?
Are you aware of his schemes? The world yells loudly telling us what to do, but the Spirit of God is a gentle whisper (1 Ki 19:12). Seek his face, abide in His presence, and let the LORD’s unfailing love surround you, instead of forcing your agenda (Psalm 32:10).
If we are to be in this world and not of it, we must “wait in hope for the LORD (Psalm 33:20-21).
Did you know there is a “perfect, pleasing will” for your life (Rom 12:2)?
If you obey the prince of this world, you are throwing away the best of heaven. Your success in this life has everything to do with how you wait for God’s best for you.
No one likes to wait because we think it means, do nothing and be weak. God knows that waiting takes strength and courageous faith in what we cannot see. That’s why he said “be strong”.
Courageous waiting is calling on God’s promises and standing in expectation in the face of pain, despair, hopelessness, brokenness, bad report, lack, devastating diagnosis, defeat…
Which promise will you declare while you wait?
1. You turn my wailing into dancing. Psalm 30:11
2. You enable my feet to go on the heights. Psalm 18:33
3. You will turn my darkness into light and make the rough places smooth. Isaiah 42:16
4. You will command your angels concerning me. Psalm 91:11
5. You ransom me unharmed from the battle waged against me. Psalm 55:18
6. I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:37
7. I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:14
8. I will flourish. Psalm 92:12
9. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame. Psalm 25:3
10. I am satisfied in the morning with your unfailing love. Psalm 90:14
What desire in your heart will you entrust to God?